Sargento Natural Cheeses meet the highest standards of our expert cheese graders. Our natural cheeses are made using time-honored methods without any artificial ingredients—just fresh milk, salt, natural cheese cultures and enzymes. The functionality and flavor delivery of our natural cheeses varies by type and aging. Sargento food product development experts will help you select a cheese with the flavor and functionality your application requires.
Natural cheese ingredients enable you to meet growing consumer demand for a clean label, which means a product containing simple, natural ingredients that are familiar, comfortable—and as multiple studies point out—easy to pronounce. Our team of cheese specialists and culinologists will help you select the cheese best suited for your next application, based on your target flavor profile and functionality requirements. Give us a call at 800.893.7411.
Sargento bulk natural cheese features:
- Wide range of domestic & imported varieties
- All natural ingredients
- Clean label, which means having a simple ingredient statement
- Portion control to bulk sizes
- Multiple formats: shredded, diced, cubed, crumbled, shaved and cut shapes
- Custom blends
- Variety of packaging materials
Sliced, diced, cubed, shaved, shredded or crumbled, Sargento Natural Cheese is a perfect addition to almost any product from snacks, appetizers and salad kits to frozen or refrigerated entrées and meal kits. Our research and development team, working in tandem with our culinary staff, will help you choose the best cheese type and format for your application, on trend with the latest in-demand flavors, so that your consumers keep coming back for more.
Natural cheeses with variability in texture are available in different ingredient forms. Our customized approach to your product development guarantees we help select the right cheese type, flavor and format to suit your manufacturing environment, withstand the rigors of processing and transportation and deliver appearance, flavor and performance.
- Portion Control – (7 g - 12 oz) Clear, white or printed film
- Duets® – 2 side-by-side perforated pouches
- Bulk – 1 lb - 40 lb cases
The R&D experts at Sargento recognize consumers’ continued desire for authenticity along with new and expanded flavor options. That’s why we’ve developed a line of Artisan Blends that allow you to be even more creative in how you develop and think about your new products. Here’s a sampling of how we can customize an Artisan Blend into a delicious blend of natural cheeses ready for your application.
- Parmesan – Shredded Natural Parmesan and Stravecchio Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella – Natural Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese or Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Regional Cheddars – Wisconsin, Vermont, New York, California- individually or blends of natural sharp and mild Cheddar cheeses
- Hispanic inspired – Natural Queso Quesadilla, Asadero, Queso Gallego, Manchego and Añejo Enchilado Cheese
- Double Cheddar – Yellow Natural Sharp and White Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan & Romano – Natural Parmesan and Romano blend
- Mozzarella & Provolone – Natural Whole Milk Mozzarella and Smoked Provolone Cheese
The Latino population in America continues to grow and exert its influence on our dining habits and ingredient choices. Sargento has developed a full range of authentic Hispanic cheese varieties and Hispanic-inspired cheeses for formulations designed to meet the demand for ethnic foods and flavors.
Hispanic-Inspired Natural Cheeses
- Queso Fresco
- Monterey Jack
- Chipotle Cheddar
Authentic Hispanic Natural Cheese
- Añejo Enchilado – paprika-coated, vibrant white cheese, salty, slightly spicy, crumbly when fresh, but firmer as it ages to semihard. Available in blocks, shreds or grated. Excellent in frozen burritos, adds color to entrées, fundido dip; topical dressing, salad; similar in performance to Parmesan
- Asadero – a semisoft cheese with excellent melting properties, similar to Oaxacan cheese, similar in texture to Monterey Jack and Provolone. Recommended for frozen entrées; chilaquiles, dips.
- Cotija – mild flavored, crumbly, white cheese; suitable for topping enchiladas, burritos, dips, etc.
- Manchego – taste ranges from rich and mellow to salty and piquant, depending on age. Excellent melt properties suitable for appetizers and main meal applications.
- Queso Gallego – a semisoft cheese, creamy and slightly acidic, excellent for topping entrées, appetizers and dips.
- Queso Quesadilla – mild creamy flavor, with excellent melt characteristics and no oiling off, making this an exceptional choice for appetizers and entrées
We can help make your Hispanic-inspired formulations flavorful. Call us at 800.893.7411.
The Sargento Better-for-You (BFY) line, which includes reduced-sodium and reduced-fat cheeses, can contribute to creating more desirable label statements for the health-conscious consumer.
Our reduced-sodium cheeses contain 25% less sodium than traditional versions, yet don’t compromise taste or performance. We avoid masking ingredients and sodium replacers, which can create off-flavors or bitter notes, so our BFY ingredients deliver full flavor impact.
Sargento Reduced Fat Cheeses are made with 2% milk and fat levels are reduced by at least 33% compared to their traditional counterparts. With Sargento BFY items, you never have to compromise taste or texture, and you can always get them in the format and packaging you want.
Reduced fat cheese
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper Jack
- Mild Cheddar